All Approval Holders Letter 20/2001: Amendment Notice
26 October 2001
Return to All Approval Holders Letter 20/2001
Food and Environment Protection Act 1985; The Control of Pesticides Regultions 1986: Amendment of Approval
Notice is hereby given that in exercise of the powers conferred by Regulation 5 of the Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986 (SI 1986/1510) (as amended) and of all other powers enabling them in that behalf, the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and the Secretary of State (acting jointly), and the Scottish Ministers (as regards Scotland) and the Welsh Assembly and the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (acting jointly as regards Wales) have amended the conditions of approval of the pesticides listed in the Schedule below containing the co-formulants Solvesso 100 and Shellsol A.
Date of issue: 26 October 2001
Subject to the conditions set out below:
The Conditions of Approval reflected in this Notice are additional requirements for products containing Solvesso 100 or Shellsol A. For some products, for example those containing active substances or other co-formulants in addition to Solvesso 100 or Shellsol A, more stringent requirements may already apply. Such requirements are not affected by this Notice.
Sale and supply:
- Product labels must be amended to reflect the following where the amendments are appropriate to the existing approval use(s) and
formulation type of the product or products for which your approval is held:
- The following phrase must appear:
‘IRRITATING TO THE RESPIRATORY SYSTEM’
- Unless the product already carries a higher hazard classification, e.g. harmful, corrosive, toxic or very toxic, the saltire cross symbol with the indication ‘IRRITANT’ must appear in the main area of the label.
- The following phrase must appear in the ‘Precautions’ section:
‘DO NOT BREATHE SPRAY’.
- Labels for all new stocks of affected products must be amended as necessary at the next print run of the label.
ALL OTHER CONDITIONS OF APPROVAL REMAIN UNCHANGED
Approval holders are under an on-going obligation to submit immediately any new information on the potentially dangerous effects of a product or of residues of an active substance contained in a product, on human or animal health, ground water or the environment.
Any product which contains Solvesso 100 or Shellsol A at a concentration of more than 40 % of the formulation.
Rachel Laithwaite, For the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
Clare McNicholas, For the Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and Regions.
- This Notice has been issued following a receipt of further information on the toxicology of Solvesso 100 and Shellsol A and supersedes that issued on 17 May 2001.
- This Notice will be published in The Pesticides Register.