The Pesticides Register Database can be accessed at: https://secure.pesticides.gov.uk/PestReg/
The 'Home' Page
When you enter the new database search area, a screen presenting 2 search options will be displayed:
These searches are covered in detail in below.
Search Area 1 - Search for Products Specifying Approval Features:
Search for products specifying approval features
Selecting this link will display the Product search page featured below.
- The search facility is not case sensitive, so either upper or lower case can be used.
- Lists of available Products, Marketing Companies, Approval Holders, Actives and Crops can be obtained by clicking on the appropriate button to the right of the entry field, or you can make a selection from the drop-down lists for the other search criteria.
- When searching for company names, you can retrieve all variations by entering the common part of the name. For example, where companies have different branches such as Bloggs Ltd and Bloggs UK, entering just the common part of the company name would return products for both branches.
To search for all extant products enter the date 01/01/1960 in the “Earliest Approval Date” field. However, due to the very large number of Approvals, you should be aware that this search will take some time to process.
- Once you have specified your search criteria, click on the “Get Results” button. This will carry out the search and return the first 10 results, with the option to view more on a page by page basis. The results will be in this format:
- To move between pages in the results, click on the page number at the bottom of the results table. From the results page you can also see the full details of a Product by clicking on the Product Name, which is underlined. The details returned will be similar to those shown below:
If there are any replacement products these will be listed at the bottom of the details page (not shown). Also, any digitally signed approval notices available in the e‑@pproval section of the website, will be listed at the bottom of the details page with a link to the document.
- On the results screen, you can print a list of all the products returned by your search. This is accessible from the “[All Results Print Version]” link above the results table. Clicking on this link, will produce a print version of the results, listing all retrieved products. For large data sets, this can take some time to produce.
Search Area 2 - Search for Changes to the Pesticide Register
Search for changes to the Pesticide Register
Selecting this link will take you to the following search page. This option allows you to search for changes made since a specified date.
- This has similar search options to the main search page, with the addition of the date from which changes are required (which must be filled in), and the option to specify the type of Notice that you want to retrieve. The date used here is the date the information is added to the on-line Pesticides Register, rather than the date of the Approval. If you need to search on the Approval date, then you can do this from the main search page.
- The search is not case sensitive, so upper or lower case can be used. As with the main search, you can click on buttons to the right of the fields to access help lists or drop down boxes to aid selection.
- Once you have entered your search criteria, click on the “Get Results” button. This will perform your search and return the first 10 results.
- As with the main search screen, click on the page number at the bottom of the results table to move between pages in the results. From the results page you can also see the full details of a Product by clicking on the Product Name, which is underlined. The electronically signed notice can also be accessed by clicking on the Approval number.
You can print a list of all the Approvals returned by your search by clicking on the “[All Results Print Version]” link above the results table.
Access the Pesticides Register Database
The Pesticides Monitor