We have made a number of databases available for your information on this website. Note that this information relates to approvals previously issued by PSD unless stated otherwise.
But please note there can be a time lag between new authorisations being issued and their details appearing on our website databases. A similar delay can also occur when changes are made to existing authorisations. Please therefore contact us if you wish to be absolutely sure that the information you are looking for is the most up to date.
- The Pesticides Register Database
This application allows you to search for information on Plant Protection Products with On-Label Authorisations. (User Guide)
- Link to an excel file showing details of the UK reference products for parallel trade permits issued before 2 April 2012
This list has been added as set out in Regulatory Update 09/2012 to give details of UK reference products for parallel trade permits issued before 2 April 2012. Parallel trade permits issued after 2 April 2012 will include details of the UK reference product.
- Link to an excel file showing current product expiry dates This list is updated monthly (last updated 12th April 2013 ).
- Garden Pesticides Search (Amateur Uses)
Search for Plant/Area, Product Name, Marketing Company, Active Substance, MAPP No. or Field of Use for products authorised in amateur situations.
- Published "On-label" e-@pprovals documents
Available in Word 97 format.
- Adjuvant Information Database
Search by Adjuvant Name, Adjuvant Number, Applicant, Effective Adjuvant Component, Active, Plant Protection Product and Crop.
- Extension of Authorisation for minor use in the UK (formerly known as 'SOLA s')
Search for Extension of Authorisation for minor use.
- Withdrawal Notices for Extension of authorisation for a minor use
Where an Extension of authorisation has been immediately withdrawn, withdrawal notices will be published here.
- Products granted 'Own-Use' Parallel trade permits
An introduction and list of permits available in Word 97 format.
- Products under Phased Withdrawal and Withdrawn Products
Search by Year of Expiry and Marketing Company.
- Published Withdrawal Notices and Revocation Documents from 31/07/2003
Available in Word 97 format.
- Banned Pesticides (in the UK)
- Products subject to a ‘No-Spray’ Buffer Zone
Obtain a list of products together with guidance on whether Local Environmental Risk Assessments for Pesticides (LERAPs) can be used.
- Crop Conversion - Old and New Names
Find the old (historical) and new (hierarchy) name for a crop/situation.
- Commodity Substances
View approval information for commodity substances that can be used as a pesticide.
- MRLs Databases
View the latest Maximum Residue Level (MRL) information (UK/EC) and Codex Alimentarius Commission (CODEX).
- The Toxicological Endpoints Database: This database has been removed from the CRD website because primary sources of the information it contained are now available on official websites:
CRD takes no responsibility for the content of these external sites
Further information on pesticides evaluated in the EU on Europa website
(Select the chemical of interest and click on 'show details'.)
Further information on pesticides evaluated by the FAO/WHO Joint Meeting on Pesticide Residues (JMPR) (Click on the link to 'alphabetical list of pesticides'. Background information can be obtained by using the other links.)
Other Sources of Product Information
Non-agricultural pesticides registered with:
The Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE): http://www.hse.gov.uk/biocides/index.htm (CRD information area on main HSE website)
Licensing Work of the Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD)