List of members
The list of current Pesticides Forum member organisations, along with contact details for their representatives is here.
Criteria for membership
1. The Pesticides Forum is a UK wide stakeholder consultative forum which brings together a range of organisations (both public and private sector) with a role in the sustainable use of pesticides. A diagrammatic representation of the UK plant protection products industry (from Annex 1 of the UK Pesticides Strategy) is shown below.
2. Members represent all aspects of this chain including those areas of potential impact from pesticides (broadly human health and environment). Members therefore include industry, environmental and conservation organisations, trade unions and consumer groups. Representation is designed to ensure that relevant interests in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are covered. However, where there are separate public or private sector organisations with the same responsibilities in each of the countries, a selective approach will have to be adopted to keep the Forum to a manageable size. Thus an English organisation reflecting one area of interest may be appointed with a Scottish organisation representing another.
3. Membership of the Forum will normally be restricted to representative organisations. Individuals will not normally be appointed though they may be invited to particular discussions where they have scientific or technical expertise of value to that discussion.
4. Government representatives (both policy and delivery bodies – including relevant regulators) also sit on the Forum and will contribute to Forum discussions, like members, both in an advisory capacity and to represent their organisations’ views.
5. Member organisations will be appointed by Defra Ministers in consultation with other Departmental Ministers with an interest in pesticides. Membership will be reviewed formally every five years although changes may be made within this period should this prove necessary to ensure that the Forum remains representative of all relevant interests.