The 11th Annual Open Meeting of the ACP was held at The Park Inn, North Street, York from 11am until 4pm. This riverside venue is just a five minute walk from York Railway Station, and conveniently situated in the centre of this historic city.
The agenda included::
- Welcome from Professor Jon Ayres, Chairman of the ACP
- An update and open discussion on Science Advice to Government
- The work of the Pesticides Forum, and a general discussion, led by the Forum Chairman, James Clarke
- Pesticide use in amenity areas, followed by an open discussion, introduced by John Moverley, Chairman of the Amenity Forum
- A progress update on the Sustainable Use Directive
- Questions to the ACP and the Pesticides Forum
The ACP Open Meeting is open to all members of the public, interested in the environment, agriculture, horticulture, science and scientific advice to government. Over the years a wide cross section of people have attended, including farmers, academics, pesticide industry representatives, journalists, writers, campaigners, pressure groups, amateur gardeners, medical professionals, students, politicians etc. The ACP welcomes applications from any member of the general public, and all are invited to participate.
The Draft agenda for the meeting.
Advertising poster for 2010 ACP Open Meeting
Notes from the Meeting
The Notes and presentations from the 2010 Open Meeting are available: Link to notes of Open Meeting