1. Minutes and Detailed Record of ACP 325 15th May 2007
a) Minutes of 15 May 2007 ACP 1 (327/2007)(white)
b) Detailed record of discussion 15 May 2007 meeting ACP 2 (327/2007)(white)
2. Secretary’s Report ACP 3 (327/2007) (white)
Members will consider a short report on matters arising from discussion at previous meetings.
3. Matters arising:
a) Ethaboxam ACP 20 (327/2007)(aqua blue)
Ethaboxam is a new active substance and is intended for use as a fungicide for control of grapevine downy mildew caused by Plasmopara viticola. Provisional approval has been requested in the UK for the product ‘LGC-30473 10% SC’, a suspension concentrate containing 100g/L Ethaboxam, for use on grapevines. Members will consider a statement from the Committee on Mutagenicity of Chemicals in Food, Consumer Products and the Environment (COM)
b) Cydia pomenella Granulovirus ACP 21 (327/2007)(aqua blue)
c) Correspondence between Chairman and Ministers on DARs prepared by other RMS ACP 27 (327/2007)(white)
d) Draft reply to consultation on thematic strategy ACP 17 (327/2007)(grey)
e) Other Matters Arising ACP 5 (327/2007)(aqua blue)
4. Biological monitoring of pesticide exposures ACP 12 (327/2007) (lilac)
The Committee will consider the results of this study.
5. BREAM ACP 6 (327/2007) (green)
The BREAM project aims to develop a computational model to predict the potential exposure to pesticides for bystanders and rural residents. It is a three year project, and after 1 year the project has produced an interim report comparing new information generated in the project to data that the current bystander exposure assessments are based on.
5a. BREAM Stakeholders’ Meeting ACP 6/1 (327/2007)(green)
Prof Paul Miller and Dr Clare Butler Ellis will address the meeting giving a presentation following the Stakeholders’ Meeting held on 18th July 2007 .
6. Annual Human Health Survey and Pesticide Exposure Monitoring ACP 23 (327/2007) (pale yellow)
PSD has now completed a human health survey of approval holders for the fifth year running. This exercise involves writing to all approval holders to seek details of all pesticide related ill health incidents reported to them throughout the preceding year. This paper seeks the Committee’s view on PSD’s assessment of the results for 2006.
7. Lawn Disease Control ACP 26 (327/2007) (bright green)
Application for full approval ‘Lawn Disease Control’. The first UK approval of a classified home garden product packaged in water soluble bags to mitigate the need for personal protective equipment
8. Communications Strategy ACP 10 (327/2007) (pink)
Members will consider a paper from the communications group suggesting a way forward in seeking to improve ACP communications
9. Follow up on IPU ACP 8 (327/2007) (vivid yellow)
Members will consider a paper exploring the possibility of adopting a different, more scenario-based, approach to pesticides regulation
10. Report of the Environmental Panel ACP 29 (327/2007) (peach)
A brief report will be presented from recent meetings of the Environment al Panel
11. Report of the Medical and Toxicology Panel
A brief report will be presented from the recent meeting of the Medical and Toxicology Panel
12. Outline Plans for Open Meeting ACP 9 (327/2007) (cream)
Members will discuss plans for the open meeting 2007
13. Pesticide Regulations Consultation ACP 30 (327/2007) (canary yellow)
PSD is planning to amend and consolidate the fours sets of regulation into one. Members will consider a response to the proposals.
14. Date of the next meeting:
Open Meeting on 12th November 2007 followed by Closed Meeting on13th November 2007, both at the Monk Bar Hotel, York.
15. Any other business:
Information Papers (white)
- HPA Report ACP 7 (327/2007) (white)
- Correspondence from Mrs June Williams ACP 11 (327/2007) (white)
- Study on Pesticides and Parkinsons Disease ACP 13 (327/2007) (white)
- Study on Pesticides and Brain Cancer ACP 14 (327/2007) (white)
- Freedom of Information Paper – Prof Coggon ACP 15 (327/2007) (white)
- Pesticides and Humanity – Benefits of using pesticides. Natural Resources Institute. ACP 16 (327/2007)(white)
- Animal Research email ACP 18 (327/2007) (white)
- Reply to consultation on code of practice for scientific advisory committees ACP 19 (327/2007) (white)
- FOI Response to Dr MacNicoll ACP 22 (327/2007) (white)
- Maternal Residence Near Agricultural Pesticide Applications and Autism ACP 24 (327/2007) (white)
- Working Party on Pesticides User Surveys ACP 25 (327/2007) (white)
- Revocation of authorisations for Paraquat – Regulatory Updates and European Court Press Release ACP 28 (327/2007) (white)
- FOI Response to R Lovegrove ACP 31 (327/2007) (white)