1. Minutes and Detailed Record of ACP Meeting 325
a) Minutes of 20th March 2007 ACP 1 (325/2007) (white)
b) Detailed record of discussion 20th March 2007 meeting ACP2 (325/2007) (white)
2. Secretary’s Report ACP3 (325/2007) (white)
Members will consider a short report on matters arising from discussion at previous meetings
3. Matters arising:
a) Spirodiclofen ACP 7 (325/2007) (aqua blue)
b) Other Matters Arising ACP 15 (325/2007) (aqua blue) - Members will consider a short report on matters arising from discussion at previous meetings.
4. Application for first inclusion of amisulbrom (ISO proposed) in Annex I of 91/414/EEC and for UK provisional approval (PPPR), in the product ‘NC-224 20SC’ formulated as a suspension concentrate containing 200 g a.s/L amisulbrom. ACP 9 (325/2007) (lilac)
Amisulbrom is a new fungicide. A commercial level of approval is being requested for the use of 'NC-224 20SC', a suspension concentrate containing 200g a.s./L amisulbrom for use on potatoes for the control of late blight (Phytophthora infestans). The UK is also Rapporteur for inclusion of this active substance in Annex I of 91/414/EEC.
5. Application for UK provisional approval (PPPR) for NEX 0101 (proposed name NEXY 1) containing the yeast Candida oleophila Strain O. ACP 6 (325/2007) (green)
Candida oleophila Strain O is a new biological active substance formulated as a water dispersible granule formulation (‘NEX 0101 biomass’), supplied with a separate additive nutrient source (‘NEX0101 additive’) for use as a post-harvest fungicide treatment of apple and pear. The UK is also rapporteur for inclusion of this active substance in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC.
6. Application for first inclusion of Maltodextrin in Annex I of 91/414/EED and for UK provisional approval (PPPR) of the product Eradicoat formulated as a soluble concentrate containing 539g/L maltodextrin. ACP 8 (325/2007) (pink)
Products containing maltodextrin have been on the market for some time as it carries an exemption under the Control of Pesticides Regulation (COPR) where it is considered to act by physical means. However a similar exemption under Council Directive 91/414/EEC and the Plant Protection Products Regulations (PPPR) does not exist.
A commercial level of approval under PPPR is therefore requested for the use of Eradicoat, a soluble concentrate containing 539 g a.s./L maltodextrin for use in glasshouses and the field. The UK is also Rapporteur for inclusion of this active substance in Annex I of 91/414/EEC.
7. Reports on bystander exposure measurements during application to arable crops ACP 13 (325/2007) (vivid yellow)
Two series of experiments using a non-volatile active substance and a moderately volatile active substance were performed in the UK for PSD in 2005. Final Project Reports have recently been completed are presented to update members on work in this area.
8. Request for a further emergency approval for Aquatic use of Diquat ACP 17 (325/2007) (cream)
Members will consider an application for emergency approval for use of Diquat to control aquatic weeds (blanket weed) in Witham Fourth District Internal Drainage Board’s drainage channel.
9. Consideration of the practicality of opening ACP meetings to observers ACP 11 (325/2007) (yellow)
Members will consider this paper which looks at practical issues associated with opening ACP Meetings to observers.
10. Date of the next meeting: 3rd July 2007 at the Monk Bar Hotel, York.
11. Any other business:
- Position Paper – First UK Approval for use of Meptyl- Dinocap ACP 5 (325/2007) (white)
- New Statutory Instrument – Pesticides – 2007 No. 636 – The Plant Protection Products (Amendment) Regulations 2007 ACP 10 (325/2007) (white)
- Dichlofluanid in non-agricultural pesticide products and the possible formation of nitrosamines in drinking water following treatment with ozone ACP 12 (325/2007) (white)
- FSA Research & Survey Programmes Annual Report 2006 ACP 14 (325/2007) (white)