1. Minutes and record of the previous meeting
a) Minutes of 15 July Meeting 2004 ACP 1 (309/2004)
b) Detailed record of discussion 15 July 2004 meeting ACP 2 (309/2004)
2. Secretary’s Report ACP 3 (309/2004)
3. Matters arising:
a) Alternatives to conventional pest control techniques in the UK ACP 7 (309/2004)
Members will be asked to discuss and agree the final version of this report.
b) Comments from independent epidemiologists on the “Ontario review” ACP 8 (309/2004)
The Committee will consider further information relating to the review.
c) Dates of ACP meetings 2005 ACP 11 (309/2004)
4. Draft "regulatory update" on PSD and ACP approach to assessing the mammalian toxicity of two or more compounds in a pesticide product (formulation) that might interact. ACP 12 (309/2004)
This update describes the approach used to evaluate the risks from exposures to two or more compounds in a formulation that might result in cumulative toxicity
5. Second evaluation for UK provisional approval (COPR) of the product 'Scenic' as an agricultural fungicide for seed treatment ACP 10 (309/2004)
Approval is being requested for ‘Scenic’, a flowable concentrate for seed treatment, containing fluoxastrobin, prothioconazole and tebuconazole. The Committee will discuss the combined risk assessment for operators resulting from the presence of three active substances in the formulation. The risk assessment, which was previously considered by the ACP, has been updated in the light of further data submitted for the new active substance, prothioconazole.
7. Sulphuric Acid: further consideration of approval ACP 13 (309/2004)
The Occupational Exposure Standard (OES) for sulphuric acid is under review by the EU Scientific Committee on Occupational Exposure Limits (SCOEL). The ACP will consider whether this has implications for the commodity chemical approval for use of sulphuric acid as a pesticide.
8. Guidance on the statutory duties on relevant authorities to have regard to the purposes of National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) and the Broads ACP 14 (309/2004)
ACP comments have been sought as a part of the Defra public consultation being undertaken on this guidance document.
9. Date of next meetings
Open Meeting : 17 November 2004
Normal closed meeting : 18 November 2004
10. Any other business:
- ACP's response to the consultation on the revised code of practice for the safe use of plant protection products (Green Code). ACP 5 (309/2004)
- New scheme for off label approvals based on recognition of approvals in other member states. ACP 6 (309/2004)