1. Minutes and Record of the Previous Meeting
a) Minutes of 4th September Meeting. ACP 1 (303/2003)
b) Detailed record of discussion 4th September meeting. ACP 2 (303/2003)
2. Secretary’s Report. ACP 3 (303/2003)
3. Matters Arising:
a) HSE information on risk to bats requested at an earlier meeting. ACP 7 (303/2003)
b) Other matters arising
4. Proposed Systemic AOEL for Abamectin. ACP 5 (303/2003)
In this item the Committee will be asked to consider the setting of a systemic AOEL (Acceptable Operator Exposure Level) for abamectin.
5. COP 2002/01236 PP & COP 2002/01237 PP: Application for the use of the products 'Atlantis WG' and 'AEF 6012 33 H’ in the Autumn as Agricultural Herbicides on Winter Wheat - Update following consideration at September 2003 ACP meeting. ACP 12 (303/2003)
Further information has been supplied by the applicant following consideration of these autumn use applications at the September ACP meeting.
6. Position Paper on Current Testing Standards for Child Resistant Packaging of Bait Stations. ACP 6 (303/2003)
A number of non-agricultural pesticide products, approved for use in the UK, are formulated as baits. In some cases the risks to children have been considered acceptable only when the bait has been presented in a bait station, which has been shown to be child resistant. This paper presents findings on current testing standards for child-resistant packaging and its relevance to non- agricultural pesticide products contained within bait stations.
7. Report on the Trial of 'T3327' as a Vertebrate Control Agent against Foxes under an Experimental Permit. ACP 8 (303/2003)
If there should be an outbreak of rabies in the UK, it will be important to control and eradicate it very quickly. In some circumstances there may be a need for a limited cull of the fox population in the immediate vicinity of the outbreak to prevent the spread of the disease before other methods of control, such as vaccination, have had time to take effect in outlying areas. This report outlines the results of an outdoor trial of a potential new agent for such a use.
8. Draft National Pesticide Strategy for Plant Protection Products. ACP 15 (303/2003)
PSD has been working on a draft national pesticide strategy and would welcome comments on it from the Advisory Committee on Pesticides.
9. Report from Environmental Panel Meeting held on 25 September 2003. ACP 12 (300/2003)
10. Date of next meeting: 27 November 2003
11. Any other business
- Pesticides Forum booklet (members only). ACP 9 (303/2003)
- Letter from PAN UK. ACP 4 (303/2003)
- ‘Involve’ (enclosure to letter from PAN UK). ACP 4/1 (303/2003)
- PRC Annual Report 2002 (members only). ACP 13 (303/2000)
- Pesticides Monitor – Issue 8 Aug/Sept 2003 (members only). ACP 11 (303/2003)
- Correspondence between David Coggon and Farmers Weekly. ACP 14 (303/2003)