1. Minutes and Record of the Previous Meeting
a) Minutes of 22nd May Meeting. ACP 1 (301/2003)
b) Detailed record of discussion 22nd May meeting. ACP 2 (301/2003)
2. Secretary’s Report. ACP 3 (301/2003)
3. Matters Arising:
a) Bystander risk assessment – further exposure estimates. ACP 20 (301/2003)
b) Bystander risk assessment – Towards a model for "neighbour" exposure. ACP 21 (301/2003)
c) 1 MCP - update . ACP 14 (301/2003)
4. First Evaluation for UK Provisional Approval of Prothioconazole (JAU 6476), in the products 'Bayer UK 756' and 'Bayer UKA 030' and first consideration of the Inclusion of Prothioconazole in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC. ACP 17 (301/2003)
Prothioconazole (JAU 6476) is a new triazole fungicide being developed for use both as a seed treatment and foliar spray to treat a variety of diseases in cereals. The UK is also acting as Rapporteur Member State with respect to the process for the possible inclusion of prothioconazole in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC.
5. First Evaluation for UK Provisional Approval of Fluoxastrobin (HEC 5725), in the products 'Bayer UK 831' and 'Bayer UKA 148' and first consideration of the Inclusion of Fluoxastrobin in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC. ACP 18 (301/2003)
Fluoxastrobin is a new strobilurin fungicide being developed for use both as a seed treatment and foliar spray to treat a variety of diseases in cereals. The UK is also acting as Rapporteur Member State with respect to the process for the possible inclusion of fluoxastrobin in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC.
6. First Evaluation for the Inclusion of Metrafenone in Annex I of 91/414/EEC and UK Provisional Approval (PPPR) of Metrafenone, for use as an Agricultural Fungicide in the product ‘BAS 560 00F’. ACP 4 (301/2003)
Metrafenone is a new benzophenone type fungicide. Approval is being requested for use as a foliar spray on winter and spring varieties of wheat and barley for the control of Erysiphe graminis and Pseudocersporella herpotrichioides. The UK are also the Rapporteur Member State for the possible inclusion of metrafenone in Annex I of Directive 91/414/EEC.
7. Review of Anticholinesterase Compounds: Revised Partial Review of Pirimiphos Methyl. ACP 16 (301/2003)
Pirimiphos methyl is an organophosphorus compound used as an insecticide in non-agricultural products. When the ACP considered an initial human health review, it asked that exposure predictions be revised and refined. The review now presented addresses these requirements and also takes into account recent changes in the areas in which the product is used.
8. Item withdrawn.
9. IGHRC document on exposure assessment. ACP 22 (301/2003)
The ACP is asked to comment on this draft document produced by the Interdepartmental Group of Health Risks from Chemicals (IGHRC)
10. Position Paper: Third Update to the Saunton Termite Eradication Programme. ACP 7 (301/2003)
This paper describes the background to the first confirmed incidence of subterranean termite activity in the UK, a problem detected in Saunton in late 1994. It includes a report on the progress made, to date, in eradication of the infestation. The paper was prepared in response to members' requests to be updated regularly on the progress with the Saunton Termite eradication programme.
11. Human Health Monitoring. ACP 19 (301/2003)
A discussion paper from the Medical and Toxicology panel on monitoring schemes for adverse health effects due to pesticide exposure.
12. Date of next meeting: 4th Sept 2003
13. Any other business:
- Pesticides Monitor – Issue 5, May/June 2003 (Members only). ACP 8 (301/2003)
- Pesticides Safety Directorate: Business Plan 2003 - 2006 (Members only). ACP 10 (301/2003)
- Delivering the Evidence Defra's Science and Innovation Strategy (2003-06) – (Members only). ACP 12 (301/2003)
- European Commission - Final report on Setting the Scientific Frame for the Inclusion of New Quality of Life Concerns In The Risk Assessments Process. ACP 13 (301/2003)
- Pesticide Usage Survey Report 185 - Rodenticide Usage by local authorities in Great Britain (Members only). ACP 6 (301/2003)
- Pesticide Usage Survey Report 169 in Northern Ireland - Vegetable Crops 1999 (Members only). ACP 25 (301/2003)
- European Food Safety Authority Scientific Committee and Panels. ACP 26 (301/2003)
- FSA paper: Progress on an Agency Action Plan to minimise Pesticide Residues in food. ACP 24 (301/2003)
- Disposing of garden chemicals - Response from Crop Protection Association. ACP 11 (301/2003)
- Update on the work to investigate the effects of picoxystrobin on earthworms in field studies. ACP 9 (301/2003)
- Report from the Environmental Panel . ACP 23 (301/2003)
- Information on emergency plant health controls. ACP 28 (301/2003)
- Emergency approval for control of downy mildew on red beet. ACP 29 (301/2003)