1. Minutes and Report of Previous Meeting
a) Minutes of 16th January Meeting. ACP 1 (298/2003)
b) Detailed record of discussion 16th January meeting. ACP 2 (298/2003)
2. Secretary’s Report. ACP 3 (298/2003)
3. Matters Arising:
a) Bystander risk assessment. ACP 14 (298/2003)
b) Other matters arising
4. IDS Report of Meeting on 4th Feb 2003. ACP 4 (298/2003)
5. Environmental Review of Chlorpyrifos. ACP 7 (298/2003)
Chlorpyrifos is a organophosphate insecticide used on a range of crops. The environmental review was last considered by the ACP in November 2002 and further advice was sought from the Environmental Panel. The outcome of the Environmental Panel is to be considered by the Committee.
6. Evaluation of Copper Pyrithione as a New Active Substance in Professional Antifouling Products. ACP 12 (298/2003)
The Committee will consider whether provisional approval be granted to the proposed antifouling products subject to the physical chemistry, mammalian toxicology, environmental fate and behaviour, ecotoxicology, efficacy, human health and environmental risk assessments for copper pyrithione.
7. First Evaluation of a BIS-(N-Cyclohexyldiazeniumdioxy)-Copper (Cu-HDO) containing Wood Preservative for Industrial Use. ACP 5 (298/2003)
The Committee will consider the first application for approval of bis-(N-cyclohexyldiazeniumdioxy)-copper (Cu-HDO). The product is to be applied to wood via vacuum pressure impregnation and oscillating pressure impregnation. The product is intended for use against wood destroying fungi (including those causing soft rot) and wood destroying insects on structural timber for interior and exterior use, for timber in ground and water contact, in particular for timber used in horticulture and landscape gardening.
8. Second Evaluation for Inclusion of Dimoxystrobin in Annex 1 of EU Directive 91/414/EEC and UK Provisional Approval (COPR) of Dimoxystrobin (with Epoxiconazole). ACP 10 (298/2003)
Dimoxystrobin is a new systemic strobilurin fungicide in the EU with the UK acting as Rapporteur Member State for inclusion in Annex I of EU Directive 91/414/EEC. In the UK provisional approval has been sought for agricultural use of dimoxystrobin (with epoxiconazole) on winter wheat. The second evaluation considers mammalian toxicological issues.
9. UK Human Health Review of Thiodicarb – Position Paper on Setting an Acute Reference Dose. ACP 11 (298/2003)
Thiodicarb is a carbamate molluscicide being considered as part of UK human health review of anti-cholinesterase compounds. This position paper considers setting of an acute reference dose for thiodicarb.
10. Report of the Environmental Panel. ACP 17 (298/2003)
The Committee will consider a short report of discussions at the Environmental Panel meeting held on 23 Jan.
11. Safety Evaluation of Isomeric Mixtures. ACP 6 (298/2003)
During 2002 the ACP sought views on an approach to the assessment of isomeric mixtures. This paper presents the findings of that consultation.
12. Review of the Interdepartmental Secretariat on Pesticides. ACP 9 (298/2003)
This administrative paper presents a suggestion that the consideration of applications and reviews currently taking place at the IDS meetings should be taken forward making best use of electronic communications rather than formal regular meetings. This will result in some adjustments to the presentation of information from the IDS to the ACP, and members’ views on the most appropriate presentation will be sought.
13. Report to the Advisory Committee on Pesticides (ACP) by Pesticide Action Network (PAN) UK for their Meeting on 27 Feb 2003: ACP Child Lindane Fatality Review. ACP 16 (298/2003)
The ACP will consider this report which represents the views of the Lindane Campaign Group, comprising PAN UK, Friends of the Earth, Womens' Environmental Network, Unison, and Breast UK.
14. Pesticide Usage Survey Report 182 – Hardy Nursery Stock in Great Britain. ACP 15 (298/2003)
The Advisory Committee on Pesticides monitors the use of all pesticides following registration in a cyclical manner across all crops. This draft report will present information regarding usage on all hardy nursery stock grown in Great Britain during the autumn 2000 to summer 2001 growing season. After discussion and amendment, it will go forward for publication.
15. Date of next meeting: 10th April 2003
16. Any other business:
1. Pesticides Monitor – issue 12 (Dec 2002/Jan 03). ACP 8 (298/03)
2. Pesticides Monitor – Issue 1 (Jan/Feb 2003). ACP 13 (298/03)
3. A Survey of Professional Operator Practices at Timber Treatment Sites. ACP 18 (298/2003)