Information Update: 17/2011
CRD are pleased to announce that we will be holding a one day workshop on Official Recognition. The workshop will be held on Tuesday 6th December 2011, at our conference facilities in York. Registration will be from 9:00 am. The workshop will start at 9:30 am and finish around 4:30 pm. The cost of attending will be £350.00 (+ 20% VAT).
Format of the day:
The day will consist of both presentations and practical exercises for attendees to undertake. The one-day workshop will focus on and will provide information on the UK’s Official Recognition scheme for efficacy testing of plant protection products and will therefore be most relevant to people commissioning or undertaking Official Recognition trials within the UK.
Topics of discussion:
Amongst other things we will:
- Provide an overview of the Regulations, roles and responsibilities associated with the UK Official Recognition scheme.
- Summarise how the scheme works, including a brief explanation of the application process, inspections, and various certification issues.
- Offer advice on how to satisfy the regulatory requirements.
- Provide information about problems CRD commonly encounters with applications, as well as those arising from the on-site inspections.
- Discuss specific issues such as: protocols, report writing, SOP’s and record keeping.
- Provide practical exercises for delegates to undertake relating to the chemical store, equipment, and the conduct of a trials audit.
This event has been registered with BASIS and will be eligible for 10 Points (E=4, PD=4, HS=2).
A programme and full details of the day are available on the events section of the CRD website (please note we reserve the right to amend the content if appropriate, without prior notification).
If you would like to register, please complete and return the application form which can be found on the events section of the CRD website www.pesticides.gov.uk. The closing date for applications is Tuesday 1st November 2011.The cost per delegate for the seminar will be £350.00 (+20% VAT).