Information Update: 18/2011
Issued: 8th November 2011
CRD will be holding two identical one-day workshops which will provide an introduction and overview to key areas of ecotoxicological risk assessments. The workshops will be held at The Chemicals Regulation Directorate in York on Tuesday 7th February and Thursday 9th February, 2012. Registration will be from 9:00 am. The workshop will start at 9:30 am and finish around 4:30 pm. The cost per delegate to attend either of the workshops will be £350 (plus 20% VAT).
The event will be specifically designed for registration specialists involved in the preparation and submission of Plant Protection Products dossiers to CRD.
The following topics will be covered:
- Formulation data and Annex III requirements.
- Bird and mammal risk assessment, including an overview of the basic principles of SANCO/4145 and the new EFSA Bird and Mammal Guidance Document.
- UK specific aquatic risk assessment via spray drift and drainflow exposure.
- Guidance on interpretation of the Annex I GAP for UK registration.
- Guidance on the use of the risk envelope approach for registration.
- Seed treatments and granules, including issues to consider for the main areas of ecotoxicological concern, risk assessment and refinement options for birds and mammals and systemic pesticides.
- UK risk mitigation options.
A programme and full details are available on the events page of the CRD website (note we reserve the right to amend the content if appropriate).
Given the nature of the event, places will be limited to a maximum of 12 people. Places will be issued on a first-come first-served basis
If you would like to register for either of the workshops, please contact our administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form. The closing date for applications is 10th January, 2012.